While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is your trust. Keeping information secure, and using it only as our customers would want us to, is a top priority for all of us.
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
- We will permit only authorised employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, and to administer our business. This includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities.
- We will not reveal customer information to any external organisation unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, have been authorised by the customer, or are required to do so by law.
- We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information. We may however facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any customer information unless the customer has specifically expressed interest in their products or services.
- We will tell customers in plain language initially, and at least once annually, how they may remove their names from marketing lists. At any time, customers can contact us to remove their names from such lists.
- Whenever we hire other organisations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
- For purposes of credit reporting, verification and risk management, we will exchange information about our customers with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
- We will not use or share - internally or externally - personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer's policy, claim or account, or as disclosed to the customer when the information is collected, or to which the customer consents.
- We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their account information (except when we're prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
- For purpose of on-line transaction banking, the soft token application requires access to the user’s mobile camera in order to scan images for token activation to the users subscribed for soft tokens.
- The soft token application requires access to the unique identifier of the device (i.e. IMEI) in order to ensure safety of the application data.
*FGB is a trademark owned by National Bank of Abu Dhabi PJSC